The midfielder continues to be linked with a switch away from Old Trafford
Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has refused to rule out a stunning late bid for Manchester United star Paul Pogba.
Although the transfer window in England closed last week, clubs in the rest of Europe are able to make signings until the end of August.
Barca are in the market for a new central midfielder and Pogba is said to be at the very top of their wish list.
It has been suggested that the Frenchman, who cost United £89m in August 2016, has a strained relationship with Jose Mourinho and he has hinted that all is not well behind the scenes.
But he is still a key member of the first team at Old Trafford and opened his account for the season by scoring in United’s 2-1 win over Leicester on Friday.
Barca, however, remain interested in doing a deal before September and Bartomeu remained coy when quizzed on the likelihood of a late approach.
Speaking after Barca’s 2-1 in over Sevilla on Sunday, he said: “Pogba? I won’t speak of any names.
“We have respect for all clubs and there are 20 days left [of the window].
“We’ll see which players come out.”