The first will take place at Ibrox on Sunday, with Hearts then visiting Celtic Park the following week to round off the league season.
It is tradition for title winning teams to be given a guard of honour after securing silverware, but Rangers will NOT do so when Neil Lennon’s side visit Ibrox.
The Daily Record claim Rangers will refuse to applaud the Celtic players onto the pitch ahead of the final Old Firm derby of the season, despite Sunday’s fixture being Celtic’s first match since they claimed the Scottish Premiership crown.
Steven Gerrard, the Rangers manager, said after Rangers’ 1-0 defeat of Hibs that talks will have to take place over a potential guard of honour.
He said: “Have I got plans? I don’t know, I haven’t spoken to them [the club] about it.”
Kris Boyd, the former Gers striker, insists Rangers should give Celtic a guard of honour as it’s the right thing to do.
He said: “Rangers would make a statement about what type of club they are if they do it.
“Over the years, it has always been the case that Rangers have held themselves in high regard and rightly so because of the way they have conducted themselves.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Ajax vs Tottenham (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Valencia vs Arsenal (Thursday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Newport vs Mansfield (Thursday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Tranmere vs Forest Green Rovers (Friday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Aston Villa vs West Brom (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Derby vs Leeds United (Saturday, 5:15pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Sunderland vs Portsmouth (Saturday, 7:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Doncaster vs Charlton (Sunday, 12:15pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Mansfield vs Newport (Sunday, 6pm) – talkSPORT 2