LIVE Transfer Talk Real Madrid consider shock move for Zlatan Ibrahimovic

0
1


Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored the opener and provided an assist in a must-win game for the LA Galaxy to keep their playoff hopes intact.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic joined Scott Van Pelt to look ahead to Sunday’s crucial game vs. Minnesota and how he’s adapted to life in LA.
ESPN FC’s Steve Nicol says Zlatan Ibrahimovic won’t be going back to Manchester United on loan in January for the simple reason that he won’t want to sit on the bench at Old Trafford.

The transfer window for all of Europe’s big five leagues is closed, but that doesn’t stop Transfer Talk from rummaging around about who will be moving where come January.

TOP STORY

Real Madrid are considering making a shock move to sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic from LA Galaxy in the January transfer window, according to Cadena Cope.

The European champions bolstered their attacking ranks in the summer by bringing Mariano back from Lyon to fill the gap left by Cristiano Ronaldo’s departure to Juventus.

However, Cope says that Real Madrid want to sign another No. 9 in January after Julen Lopetegui’s side only narrowly avoided setting a new club-record goal drought, with Marcelo’s goal in Saturday’s 2-1 home defeat to Levante ending a run of 481 minutes without scoring in all competitions.

Spanish radio station Cadena Cope reports that Ibrahimovic could be the surprise candidate to provide a short-term fix to those issues, and that the 37-year-old forward is also keen on making the move to the Santiago Bernabeu.

Cope points out that Real Madrid president Florentino Perez made a similar move in January 2011 when signed Emmanuel Adebayor on loan from Manchester City.

Ibrahimovic spent a year in Spain earlier in his career, scoring 16 goals in La Liga for Barcelona in the 2009-10 season. However, he returned to Serie A the following year with a loan move to AC Milan after falling out with coach Pep Guardiola at the Camp Nou.

The Swedish forward has also been linked with a return to Manchester United, where he spent two seasons before making his move to Major League Soccer earlier this year.

LIVE BLOG

09.45 BST: Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot has been linked with some of Europe’s biggest clubs this year, including Liverpool and Juventus.

However, Canal + in France reports that the reports that the 23-year-old is close to signing a new contract at the Parc des Princes, committing him to the club for an additional three years..

08.50 BST: Real Madrid left-back Marcelo “wants Juventus” in January, according to Tuttosport. The Brazilian, who is close friends with Cristiano Ronaldo, was linked with a move to the Bianconeri in the summer.

And it is claimed here that he is so desperate to make the switch, Marcelo cannot wait until the end of the season and wants the move to happen in the January transfer window.

08.00 BST: The Central Coast Mariners have offered Usain Bolt a contract for “much, much less” than what the Olympic great’s camp requested, the head of the A-League says.

A-League boss Greg O’Rourke says Bolt is considering the offer that Bolt’s agent confirmed to ESPN was tabled on Sunday.

“I understand from Central Coast Mariners that they have tabled an offer to Usain Bolt’s management, which he is considering,” O’Rourke told SEN radio on Monday. “That offer is much, much less than [the Bolt camp] were originally requesting.

“And that’s really reflected that if Usain wants to join the club and become a footballer he should follow a journey pretty similar to any triallist, not withstanding for a minute the amount of marketing that somebody like Usain Bolt, the fastest man in the world, can bring to the Central Coast and the broader A-League.”

PAPER TALK

United must pay £40m for Milenkovic

Manchester United are interested in Fiorentina defender Nikola Milenkovic, but the Sun says they will have to spend more than they would like to in order to land him.

With Juventus, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea also linked with the Serbia international, United “have been told it will cost more than £40 million” to sign him.

That is £10m more than they had hoped to pay for the 21-year-old, who was scouted by Jose Mourinho while on international duty last week.

The Sun says “United’s money men are wary of paying over the odds, having already given Mourinho £61m to buy Eric Bailly and Victor Lindelof — both struggling for regular starts.”

And with United having been told Juve are “very keen,” Mourinho’s search for a new centre-back may go on a bit longer.

Meanwhile, the Manchester Evening News says the manager is also looking at Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly, “who is understood to be open to moving to England.”

Senegal international Koulibaly recently signed new terms, “but Mourinho must believe there is a possibility of signing him.”

Chelsea want Kante to sign deal amid Madrid links

Chelsea are “desperate” for midfielder N’Golo Kante to agree a new contract amid ongoing interest from Real Madrid, the Sun reports.

It says Madrid are weighing up an £80m move for France international Kante.

Although the former Leicester midfielder has three years remaining on his contract, Chelsea “will have to move quickly to improve his terms if they want to keep him out of their clutches.”

The report says that although Kante is happy in London, “he would consider an offer from 13-times European Cup winners Madrid.”

Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus have also been linked with Kante, but it is thought a move to either would be unlikely.

Ake ‘would have first-team chance at City’

As the race for Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake hots up, Manchester City may have moved to the front of the queue, according to the Mail.

Reports over the weekend suggested City were preparing to bid £40m for Netherlands international Ake.

And the Mail says that although the champions have plenty of options in central defence, “Ake’s stock is rising rapidly and it is thought he would compete for a place straight away.”

United, along with Tottenham, are also interested in the 23-year-old, who would count as a homegrown player because he came through the ranks at Chelsea.

Reports last week said Bournemouth would have to inform Chelsea of any offer because the Blues have first refusal to re-sign him.

Tap-ins

– With Toby Alderweireld seemingly on his way out, Tottenham have identified the player they want to bring in in his place, according to the Sun.

It reports that Spurs are ready to offer £25m for Sampdoria defender Joachim Andersen, “seen as the long-term replacement for Alderweireld.”

– New Aston Villa manager Dean Smith is targeting Sheffield Wednesday defender Matt Penney, according to the Birmingham Mail.

Penney, 20, has also been linked with Bournemouth and Brighton, but Wednesday hope to persuade him to sign a new contract.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here